I understand that the Postpartum Plan is a programme which includes physical movements as well as an opportunity for relaxation, meditation, recovery and relief of muscular tension.
Before participating in the programme, I understand, acknowledge and agree that:
- the practitioners cannot guarantee any particular individual results;
- the practitioners are not supplying medical advice and, these sessions and the content within them are not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment;
- if I need medical advice, I will seek it from a qualified medical professional;
- as is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated;
- yoga, pilates and exercise are not recommended and are not safe for individuals suffering with certain medical conditions;
- I must have a clean bill of health and my doctor or medical practitioner’s approval to participate in this programme;
- if I am pregnant, become pregnant or am postpartum, I must obtain my doctor’s full approval to participate in this programme;
- participation in these classes exposes me to a possible risk of personal injury. I am fully aware of this risk and I am choosing to undertake this programme at my own risk;
- I alone am responsible for deciding whether to practice what is suggested in the programme, including in any video or audio sessions or written programme documentation;
- I will progress at my own pace when participating in any sessions or physical movements associated with the programme;
- I will take into consideration my own level of experience prior to attempting any of the practices either written down or shown on any of the video or and audio sessions provided as part of the programme;
- all movements and practices are done at my own risk;
- if I experience any pain or discomfort, I will listen to my body and come out of any pose carefully;
- I will continue to breathe smoothly throughout any exercises I carry out as part of the programme. If at any point I feel overexertion or fatigue, I will respect my body’s limitations and I will rest; and
- I will take full responsibility for my own health, safety and wellbeing whilst participating on the programme.
I understand that, if I fail to comply with any of the matters set out above including failing to take care of my own health, safety and wellbeing, Postpartum Plan (including its employees, agents or any associated persons) will not liable for any loss, damage, injury or any other mishap directly or indirectly caused by the use of, or participation in, this programme .
I understand and agree that, in the event of any future dispute or litigation, this disclaimer will be relied upon by Postpartum Plan as evidence of my consent to the physical risks associated with this programme and my agreement to abide by the terms set out above. I accept that this disclaimer has binding legal effect on me so far as is possible in accordance with the law.
By continuing to participate in the Postpartum Plan programme, including participating in any of the written, video or audio exercises or movements provided within the programme, I understand that I am bound by this disclaimer. I enter into this agreement voluntarily and with full knowledge of its legal effect.
Terms of Service
- Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of any downloadable materials on the Postpartum Plan website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or ‘mirror’ the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Postpartum Plan at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Postpartum Plan’s website are provided ‘as is’. Postpartum Plan makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Postpartum Plan does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. You can find the full disclaimer here.
In no event shall Postpartum Plan or its practitioners be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the website, even if Postpartum Plan has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. As some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errors
The materials appearing on Postpartum Plan’s website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Postpartum Plan does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Postpartum Plan may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Postpartum Plan does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Postpartum Plan has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Postpartum Plan of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
- Governing Law
Any claim relating to the Postpartum Plan website shall be governed by the laws of the School Owner’s home jurisdiction without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
How we use collected information
Postpartum Plan may collect and use Clients’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- To personalise user experience
- To send periodic emails as appropriate including, as necessary, emails providing Clients with information and updates pertaining to their order or participation in Postpartum Plan’s services. Client email addresses may also be used to respond to Client enquiries, questions or other requests.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Client personal identification information to others. Postpartum Plan is part of ICO and adheres to GDPR policies,
Third party websites
Students may find advertising or other content in Postpartum Plan that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from Postpartum Plan. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
Disclaimer for Gemma
The techniques and suggestions presented in any classes, taught by Gemma Folkard, are not intended to substitute for proper medical advice. Pilates exercise programmes are designed to improve muscle tone, strength, flexibility and may include physical activities such as stretching. When participating in activity/exercise you are likely to experience different levels of intensity over varying lengths of time. As a result you may experience quicker breathing patterns and become hot, as well as feelings of awkwardness depending on your experience or level of fitness. Each part of the activity/exercise you participate in will be fully explained. It is better to build up slowly than to force and strain.
Most exercise programmes contain certain risks; muscle pulls, joint strains, aches, pains and general discomfort from parts of the body not previously used. If at any time you feel any pain or discomfort, stop performing the activity. Likewise, if you feel that you should not do a particular exercise for any reason, do not take part.
Disclaimer for Emma
If you suffer from specific injuries or disease it is best to consult with your physician first.
The practice of yoga asanas requires you – the practitioner – to gauge the safety of your practice within your personal physical limitations. It is better to build up slowly than to force and strain. Whilst one may feel exertion one should also feel relaxed.
The techniques and suggestions presented in any classes, taught by Emma Watkins, are not intended to substitute for proper medical advice.